What would you do differently if you could do it all over again? Are these changes based on feedback that you may have received from friends, peers, family members, etc?
What is your reaction to the video recording/editing process? Please discuss any positive and negative reactions.
Do you think it would be possible to have students in your current/future classroom create a movie? Do you (will you) have the resources, time, and skills necessary to include such a project in your classroom? Please explain.
Did you learn anything new from the video editing/recording process? Please explain.
I think if I could do it all over again, I would definitely NOT stress about this project! I was so worried about not being able to do anything with IMovie because I am typically not good at things like this. However, once I began it was pretty much smooth sailing minus a few seconds of frustration here and there. Overall, I had a lot of fun filming this project and editing it! I can honestly say that I cannot wait to use this in my classroom and just being able to use it for fun and possibly future gifts. I haven't shown this video to anyone yet so I'll have to wait and see how others like it! I think the most tedious part of this whole process was just stopping constantly to try to edit it all out. I couldn't find the exact spot that I wanted and it would take a few million tries until I got it. However, once it all came together it was great! The only negative aspect was the voice over. I liked the idea of it but I couldn't really find a space to put it in because I didn't want to ruin other aspects. I did end up finding somewhere but I could have done without it on this particular video. I definitely think it would be possible to have my students create a movie. I could certainly see my students creating commercials or small skits while learning about television programming and other aspects of languages. I just think right now while we are dealing with such difficult economic times it might not be possible for schools to actually have the technology to complete a task like so. I would like to think that I could be teaching in a school with this type of technology a year from now but by the looks of the economy and lay offs it might be hard. If my school does have this I will certainly make time to include a project like this. Students would most certainly benefit from something along these lines rather than just learning from a book! I think this project truly opened my eyes to the endless opportunities to incorporate technology and fun and exciting ways for students to learn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment